Thursday, October 15

I´m going to Dublin to visit Guiness and Jameson!

I finally got a full 8 hours of sleep yesterday! It was amazing. Yay for late classes! Went to school around 12:30 for event management aka - the most boring class ever! Our teachers here don´t dress up in professional clothes, they wear jeans and shirts to class but our teacher looked like she just rolled out of bed in her pajama´s! I guess it´s a cultural thing! She basically could have summed up in 5 minutes what she talked about for 2 hours. Everyone was pretty much sleeping. After class we went down to a little cafe and I had a bocadilla de queso for lunch. It was good as usual. After lunch we went to our next class which is our research class. I always look forward to this class because it´s fun. We didn´t really do much, Kathrine came around and talked to each of our groups about our street projects and we have the next two weeks off from class to do research and stuff with our groups. Also, I´m not the only one who is sick, everyone seems to have a cough/fever/cold. I´m not sure what it is but I still do not feel good.
After school I met with my group for research and we went to our streets and then I met with another group member for another project and THEN I met with my other group to eat at our restaurant!! It was a very busy day yesterday!! Our restaurant that we ate at was very good!! We had a variety of different tapas. I´m not sure what any of them were, but they were all very good! By the time I was finished with everything it was already 9:30!! We had all talked earlier about going to this bar called El Bosc de las Fades which translates to ¨The fairytale bar,¨it was very cool. Some of the norway girls, finland girls, our portugual friends, and all of us went. The setting reminded me of something like a rainforest cafe but more like being in a cave. They had trees all over the place, tea light candles, waterfalls, etc. It seems like a very romantic spot!! Very unique. We got home around 2.
It´s finally starting to get cold in Barcelona. Today it is 64 degrees!! I´m bundled up! Last week it was in the high 80´s and this week it has been in the 70´s. However, this weekend the temperature is supposed to stay in the mid 60´s. Luckily, I´m going to Milan where it is going to be in the 70´s!! lol I just want one more week of summer clothes! PLEASE!!
I also booked a flight to go to Dublin in November from the 20th to the 23rd. Beyonce is having a concert there on the 22nd and if Alex can go with me, we are going to try to get tickets!! If not, well then, I´ll have a great time visiting with Guiness and Jameson´s Irish Whiskey all weekend!

This morning at school we attended their ¨Cross Cultural Toast.¨It was a little presentaion showcasing all the different nations and culturals that are represented here at Sant Ignasi. It was pretty cool and I love being an international exchange student. Althought it comes with a lot of stress and worries, it´s totally worth every minute. I´m glad that I came and I´m already looking into options for international law programs!! Very exciting! As for the rest of the day, I have one more class and then I have to finish some last minute homework and then I have to pack!!

So, here is my schedule in case you´ve lost track of everything!

This weekend 16th-19th - Milan, Italy - Maybe venice or verona
Nov. 6th-9th - Amsterdam, Holland
Nov. 20th-23rd - Dublin, Ireland
December 4th-8th - Madrid, Spain - for the LSAT

That´s it so far but I´m also in the process of planning some other stuff like Paris, Rome, London, Berlin and maybe Lisbon at the end of December!!

My flight is leaving early tomorrow morning so I´ll blog about Milan when I get back!!

Hasta Lunes!

No comments: