Friday, July 4

Monday - 6/30

I haven't had internet while i was in the smaller towns so i wrote stuff down and decided i would copy and past when i got to the Alexander the Great Beach Resort (which btw is fabulous, i know your jealous!!) I'll just go by days...

Monday night (last night in athens) we had dinner at the taverna in the plaka with greek music and dancing. We had musaka (code name for dog barf)...its not spelled like that but regardless it wasn't very good at all. I ate the bread and greek salad and water with no ice...again. In Greece its rude to barely touch your food so I took my fork and kinda spread it around and made a hole in the middle so it looked as if I had eaten some of it. I tried to eat because I was really hungry but it was really gross, plus it was cold. After this, some girls and i went over to the same place we hung out the night before and tried to have some drinks. I ordered a pina colada and it def. was not frozen like i thought it was going to be because again they have NO ICE in this country!! We had a really good time and took a ton of pictures and went back to the hotel fairly early to pack up our duffle bags and suitcases for the upcoming week of traveling. We had to be up at like 6 and didn't get to bed until 2am! Needless to say, we all woke up pretty late. We had to drag our bags about 2 blocks to catch the bus. We all had to pack duffle bags for the upcoming week because we were going to be switching hotels and traveling to different towns every night. We started the day off at the National Archeological Museum...they had some interesting pieces but it was kinda like any other museum...boring and repetitive. It wasn't air conditioned either!! However, i did have quite the experience in the bathroom!! We had 10 mins. for all 28 women to use the bathroom before we had to get back on the bus....soo we all walked down the stairs, because most all bathrooms in this country are in the bottom of the establishment, and stood in line because there were only about 6 stalls. Well i was next in line and then my roomie sarah was behind me. Two stalls opened up and this stupid lady with her stupid kid(we all know i hate them) just walked past everyone in line and was standing there like she should get to go ahead of us!! Well i tried to go in one stall and sarah went into the other one and as i was grabbing the door to close it so i could take a freaking piss and this stupid lady started pulling on the other side of the door handle and she was pulling so hard that i just let go and she was trying to make out in greek that her stupid 7 year old needed to use the bathroom!!! WELL let me tell you...that is the last time that someone is going to be rude to me and get away with it in this country...i got tired of playing tug of war and just let her go in since she was pushing and shoving me! (keep in mind there are still 15 people waiting to go after me) I kinda feel like if i'm mean to these people that i'll get in trouble but i've changed from that mentality quickly! i had to piss too and its not like this kid was 3 i don't care the circumstance, she can hold it, i know she can! She just walked past like all 20 people in line like she should get to go first...well i waited in line to piss and she should have to too!! Ugh, i was so mad and it still makes me angry talking about it! These people are rude here!! Excuse me, or the greek phrase for it ...do not really exist. I mean don't get me wrong the greeks have some things that the Americans should take and run with from their culture but, they should def. learn from us as well, like how to be polite!!

2 comments:

Julie LaChance / Julie Sugarplum said...

You always have the weirdest bathroom experiences. I think you should start using the word "pee". It sounds a little more civilized. :)
Anyway, I think you just might be craving that greek salad when you get home. Better enjoy it while you can. I'll start looking for some greek places around here in case you have weird cravings.

Annie said...

Your right! i love it...i'm have cravings now right before dinner....you better look up some great places because i can already tell i'm addicted..