Friday, September 11

Dia Dos

So it was day two with the roommates yesterday. It was kind of a rough day for me yesterday. I'm dealing with giving my roomies time to adjust to everything here. I always want to give my advice on everything but at the same time, they really have to learn on their own. So, hopefully by the end of the week and by the time classes start they will have adjusted. I know that the first week is hard and I didn't expect myself to be able to step right back into the swing of things here but it's like it was yesterday that I was in Greece and if feels great to be back. We we ahead and signed up for the USB thing and are splitting it 4 ways. Anyone want to make a bet on how long that's going to last?? haha One of my roommates, stephanie, bought a prepaid phone with vodafone. I looked there and a mobile place down the street that seemed a little cheaper. I'm going to observe how well her service works for her and how much money she spends this first week or so and then maybe I'll sign up for it too. I don't want to get ripped off and I'm in no urgent need of a phone because I'm not really going to be using it that much anyways. I'll have to rely on what internet I have access too really. Yesterday after the phone fiasco I did some exploring around our neighborhood. There is literally a bar on every corner. I found two grocery stores. The one I went too was really small and not at all like the one in Greece that I went too. However, as I was walking back of course, I found the big one! Go figure! Soo last night I went with sam to this bar called the black sheep literally next door to our flat. It was ok, we shared a sausage plate thing with some bread. This wasn't my ideal thing since I don't like pork and I'm trying not to eat meat anymore...blah! However it wasn't pork really it was like black bull sausage, white bull sausage, and a variety of others. Needless to say, my favorite was the white bull and I ate a whole loaf of bread for dinner..lol

Then I came back to the flat a started hardcore into my "Let's Go Europe" book and was thinking about going somewhere this weekend. That plan got cut a little short when I realized that airfares are freaking outrageous!! I'm not paying 200 Euro for a 1 hour flight to rome. Therefore, I'm going to make it my goal to really do stuff on the weekends no matter how tired I am. I'm going to just plan things out ahead and book flights so that it is cheaper. I narrowed it down to the places that I MUST see. Honestly, I really tried.
They are: Dublin, Amsterdam, London (it's going to be expensive, I know)
Vienna, Prague, Budapest ( hopefully I can do these three in like a long weekend before it gets too cold, they are very close)
Germany- lots to see, not exactly sure what cities yet
Paris - its obvious that i'm just trying to get here to see the Louvre and Disneyland Paris duh!
Italy - Rome, Florence, Milan, Naples, Pompeii and so on
Then maybe luxembourg and berlin and maybe back to greece if i have time and money...

Well got to go start my day!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

wow, wonder if kohl's still has that help wanted sign out. i think advanced planning will be the key here.

Chelsea said...

Haha I hope you can fit all of those travels in. Phil and I are reading your blog. Don't forget to proofread! haha. School is going great, I love all my classes. Maybe I can take out a student loan and come visit you over Thanksgiving lol.