Sunday, September 20

Parc Montjuic

One thing I have learned on this trip is that you should not buy a clothing item just because it is on sale. Lol I tend to do this a lot and I have contemplated throwing out everything that I brought and just buying all new fashionable clothes. Sometimes it is worth it to buy the item that is more expensive if it will go with more things or if it is of good quality and will last a whole season or more.

I forgot to mention that the other night these people were wheeling a pig down our street. It wasn’t a live pig it was just a huge pig that looked like it was made out of plastic. Haha I ran home and got my camera and took some pictures off our balcony. I will post the pics!

Yesterday we decided to try to take the cable cars again up to Parc Montjuic. We were successful this time! It cost 9 Euros for a one way, which I thought was steep but we went anyways. The view was great for taking pictures. Once we got to the other side we walked around. It was very pretty up on this mountain. See, Barcelona is on the coast and then it turns into mountains not very far from the beach. So this creates a spectacular view and this is also the reason that the Romans decided to settle in this area because it provided protection. Montjuic is the site of the 1992 Olympic Games, the Castelle of Montjuic, and this was also a ceremonial area for the Romans. We toured the Olympic facilities and they were huge! I got some pics. There was a lot to see and it was pretty spread out so I didn’t get to see everything but we saw the main stadium, the diving pools, and the baseball area. After this we took another cable car up to the Castle and walked around up there and took some pictures. It was very old and there were cannons everywhere. I’m not sure of its particular use though. They also had botanical gardens but, I was so tired from walking everywhere that I just decided to take the train back. After I got back I went over to the Vodafone store and finally got a phone. After 3 trips to that place I was a little more than frustrated! I went to the store and got some dinner. I had rice and mushrooms. It was pretty good. I was worn out from walking everywhere yesterday so I just lounged around pretty much the whole night.

Today I woke up around noon and went to the beach for the afternoon. Everything is closed here on Sunday’s so there isn’t really anything else to do! We have to be at school by 11 tomorrow and classes are supposed to start. I’m going to ask about the attendance policy and find out if we have Friday classes then I’m going to start booking weekend trips. If we have to go to school on Fridays I’m going to be really disappointed. The girls who came on the exchange previously told me that we did not but I guess we’ll wait and see. Also, we already got a list of holidays and one of them just so happens to fall on the same weekend as the LSAT in Madrid and I’m not sure if I want to stay in Madrid for that long, I would like to use that weekend to go somewhere else in Europe that takes more than a couple days. So, I don’t know. I can’t decide if I should try to take the test and apply to law school before the deadline in February or if I should just wait and take the test this Feb or later and go in the Fall of 2011. I’m just not sure what I’ll do during that long gap between schools. However, I don’t want to rush and then end up not getting into a good school. I’m just not sure what I should do, like I said, I have a lot going on right now! Lol As of right now I’m just concerned with traveling and I do not really want to look at what the next step needs to be.

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

Take the GMAT instead, me and Phil think you should go to business school. You would like it more.

Chelsea said...

Take the GMAT instead, me and Phil think you should go to business school. You would like it more.

Annie said...

The correct english would be "Phil and I"

Julie Stevens said...

Chelsea! She's correcting your grammar from Spain!! You should send her a virtual butt kicking!
Only you can decide what you want Annie. But, you're young. Have fun or you'll end up old, wrinkly and wished you hadn't worried so much all your life. :) My wisdom for hte day.

mom said...

My 3 girls. You make a momma proud. All this wisdom and grace is overwhelming.

Rob / Mo said...

As one who is old and wrinkly I can attest to not ever really knowing what you want to be when you grow up. I still don't. Although, your social-ness (ok, not a word :P) and style would make you good in marketing or sales, and I'm not talking cheap car salesperson sales, corporate sales. Big money there, if that floats your boat.