Friday, September 11

The metro

Today we conquered the metro. Nothing is open today because it is a national holiday in Spain, even the grocery store is closed. Blah! So we had to eat out again and we decided to find our way to the school today. I got the address and directions and we managed to get there. It's huge! From the pictures it looks so small but it is really big and its fairly easy to get too. It's a short metro ride and then a short walk up a hill. It's beautiful though, i'll post some pics later. After this we stopped to eat at this place and because we are americans and went to a touristy place they tried to charge us like 30 Euro a plate. Ugh, that is soooo annoying. As for the rest of the day, I'm not sure what we are going to do. Everyone is napping now and I'm thinking about taking off and going to the beach or to the park! I want to do stuff while it is still daylight outside!

Also a few things I forgot to include in this mornings post. We have cockroaches! Eww..it's so disgusting. Sam swears that everyone probably has them because we are so close to the water and the buildings are all old but still....it's gross. They are crunchy and they're crawly critters. So the landlord stopped by yesterday and I mention it to him and he said he would get some spray. They are just mainly in the stairwell but we did see one in the hallway and that night alex felt that it was necessary to sleep in my bed with me... Our landlord is english and he is sooooo english. He says righto! and other weird things and is very sarcastic and comes off extremely rude! He is kinda funny at times though..he's nice though. Like I said...totally British!

Tomorrow I'm thinking about going to Montserrat. It is way up in the mountains and is the home of The Lady of Montserrat and a benedictine monastery with one of the oldest boy choirs dating back to the 14th century! I love history so this sounds exciting...I'm going!..then I might also bop up to costa brava the next day and check out Girona, a city full of jewish history!! I've decided that I'm going to take day trips and check out some stuff here and then travel on some other weekends after I discover what to expect from school!

Adios Amigos!

2 comments:

mom said...

The school may be planning some of those same day trips. Everything is still the same in the holler. Love you.

Julie Stevens said...

I'm jealous. You are so fabulous. you need to do a flickr feed of your pics so we can see.