Friday, September 18

First Museum!!

The past two days have been fun. We watched the game at a bar and then came back and went to bed. The next day at school was pretty boring, we were five minutes late but the majority didn’t even show up and no one seemed to be distraught that we were late. They aren’t really timely over here so that’s a good thing on my part. So we had like two more orientation presentations and they were both pretty stupid. We also asked our academic advisor for our schedule and she had no idea and then we told her Kendrick had resigned and she had no idea what we were talking about…haha. I wish you could have seen her face, that’s pretty rude of him though to not even say anything, very unprofessional. So after school we got back and decided that we wanted to take the cable cars up to Montjiuc. We took the bus down there, walked the rest of the way and they were closed due to strong wind. So, needless to say I was mad. Everyone wanted to go to the aquarium but I refused to pay 18 Euro to go so instead I went to the Museum of History of Catalunya. It was pretty interesting. They didn’t have many interesting artifacts there, it definitely wasn’t Greece, but they did have a lot of hands on activities. I got to get up on a horse and have my picture taken and then I got to dress up in some knight’s armor. So there were some cool things there, it was only 4 Euro and with my student ID card it would have been free but of course, I didn’t bring my wallet because I’m scared someone is going to take it. After the museum it was still rainy and windy so I took the bus back, bought some stamps for my postcard which I order my stamps entirely in Spanish!! :D I was so proud! So I got 11 stamps and then I shopped around for a while and went to this store called Lefties and got a really cute top for only 9 Euro, they were having a sale! I went to the Internet cafĂ© last night to video chat and was there for like an hour. Before I went to sleep I was reading my law school book and I’m almost finished with it and hopefully I can finish it by tonight.

Today we got up to go on a tour of the Gothic Quarter but it was pouring the rain so our guide took us to the market and showed us a church and then let us go because it was just not possible to do a tour. I mailed out my postcards and then I went to Vodafone to get a phone today but their computers weren’t working. I don’t understand how this can be happening. They told me to try back later, I went back again, and they are still broke. Lol Soooo I guess I’ll have to wait till tomorrow to get a phone. I got my metro pass taken care of today as well. It was 112 Euro for 90 days of unlimited travel, which I have decided is worth it. I got the ticket today and then they will mail me a green student ID card to carry with me on the metro system just in case an officer needs to see it. Until then I have to use this receipt. Lol Their systems over here are a little weird sometimes but then other things are really efficient so I can’t complain. America has way more issues. I’ve been pretty tired the past few days. I am also stuffed up. One of my roommates has been sick recently with some sinus issues and the lady in charge of our program said that it was because he has been drinking the tap water. (I told him it was a bad idea, but no one listens to me!) She said that he probably had a bacterial infection and told him to get this stuff that looks like theraflu at the pharmacy. So, hopefully that isn’t what is happening to me because I don’t have time to be sick!!

I have a lot going on right now, going to school, learning Spanish, trying to travel Europe, and studying for the LSAT’s all at the same time is stressful!! But, I’m sure it will all get worked out. I seem to have plenty of downtime here, the only issue with that is that I find myself shopping a lot because I get bored and it keeps me entertained. I haven’t really bought anything yet though, just that shirt. I intend to buy a pair of boots though if I ever find the right pair, I’ve tried on a thousand!

Alright, I’m going to go finish my book!!

1 comment:

Julius said...

Are there women knights? Would you be Lady Annie Knight or Sir Annie, the Lady Knight?... Just wondering.

Good you got the metro pass. I think it really was a good investment. Now you can move about Spain carefree like a fancy lady. :-)