Wednesday, September 9

Step aside, I have arrived! HOLA!!!

Alrighty, so I finally made it! I arrived around 2pm on tuesday. I took 3 flights to get here, each of them was a little scary. Good food though, Kudos to Northwest. They plane I was on had to have been brand spanking new!! It was great, and I was pretty relaxed after the first 3 hours or so. I had a layover in Amsterdamn. That was interesting the security checkpoint we went through at customs was a little crazy. They put me in this tube like thing and it spun around and then they patted me down!! I was like gezzz...then they searched all my bags. It was a little over the top. My thought was, ¨all this just to get a netherlands stamp in my passport book?¨ lol They had a nice airport though. Then i took KLM to Barcelona. They gave us a weird sandwhich, I really honestly don´t know what it was, but i ate it and then they came around with cookies!! I´m telling you, international airlines are like the best thing!! Plus i got to sit in an exit row and I was beside a chinese girl from SAN FRAN and she was pretty cool, we had alot in common. She was vacationing for the week here. As soon as I actually arrived I took the AEROBUS from the airport to plaza cataluyna and easily found my way. Thank goodness I did not have to wonder around for 3 hours like I did in Greece!!! So our apartment is on this extremely busy street right off of Las Ramblas. It´s very happening here. I arrived and carried all my crap up thestairs. It´s really cute. ALOT bigger than I imagined. I´m rooming with Stephanie and I got the double bed so i´m pretty happy. All my roomies arrived today and we have been hanging out and exploring all day. I am yet to find something affordable for a phone service. Also, the internet is 50 Euro a month for unlimited but we all have to share one USB stick! ONE!! I don´t see that working with my addiction and unless mommy dearest is willing to foot that bill, then I am going to search for something more affordable!! As soon as we get something figured out then I will be able to blog more. Rightn now it is 2 in the morning and we are at some pakistan internet cafe and it is like 100 degrees in here!! lol It´s beautiful here btw. I´m glad this isn´t my first rodeo. All my roomies are trying to adjust and are going through that stage, so I´m glad I can skip that this time around!! I´m already enjoying myself!! I will write soon!! This is only the beginning!! haha!

2 comments:

mom said...

You and your roomies need to go together and buy a wireless router. The usb stick fits into the router and walah, wireless. Post here if you need more info.

Sondra said...

See your Mommy Dearest did cough up something better than your own private internet connection...a cheaper/easier way to get it.
I'm so glad to hear you made it there and that you are already having a great time. I'll be checking this blog often so kick them girls off and start typing!